Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue is the world’s tallest statue among all the present statues . It rises 54m higher than the spring temple Buddha. Spring Temple Buddha was having a record of of tallest statue in the world before the statue Of Unity.
Before statue of unity India’s tallest statue was 41m tall the Statue of Lord Hanuman. It in Paritala Anjaneya Temple Near Vijaywad in the state of Andhrta Pradesh. It is visible within 7km of radius.
Statue of unity foundation’s stone laid by Narendra Modi on 13th October 2013 at 138th anniversary of Sardar patel’s birthday. At that time Narendra Modi was serving as the chief minister of Gujarat.
Indian Infrastructure company Larsen and Toubro won the contract of the statue for its lower Bid.
Things to know about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue
Location of The Statue : it is located in Narmada Valley, Kevadiya Colony, Narmada District, Gujarat
Material used : steel framing , reininforced concrete cladding and brass coating
Design by : Ram V Sutar
Height of the statue : 182 meter (597ft)
Beginning date of statue : 31th October 2013
Completion date of Statue : 30 oct 2018
Have a look at the Height of various Notable Statue
Statue of Unity : 240m (790ft) including 58m(190Ft) base
Spring Temple Buddha : 153m (502ft) including 25m(82Ft) pedestal and 20m (66ft) throne
Statue of Liberty : 93m(305Ft) including 47m (154Ft) pedestal
The Motherland Call : 87m(285ft) tall including 2m (6ft) pedestal
Christ the Redeemer : 38 m(125ft) including 8m(26ft) pedestal
About Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue
- The Gujarat government proposed to build a statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. The statue’s Construction started in October 2013.
- The world’s tallest statue built at the shore of Narmada facing Sardar Sarovar dam .
- Honorable prime minister inaugurated The spectacular and astounding statue
- This was the occasion of 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh bhai Patel.
- In 2016, a total 135 metric tons of scrap iron gathered. Out of 135 metric tons, about 109 metric tons of it were utilized to make the foundation of the statue.
- Larsen & Toubro, received the contract for Rs.2, 989 crore from the Govt. of Gujarat .
- A movement name statue of unity movement started to support the construction of statue.
- The movement helped in collecting the iron needed for statue. Farmers were asked to donate their iron scrap.
For promoting tourism:-
The Gujarat government has made every effort to develop the neighborhood in to a world class tourist spot.
It draws attention of many foreign tourists. The beautiful scenic surroundings of the Satpura and Vindhyachal hills along with the heroic river Narmada give the perfect view to the
The statue compound is spread across 20,000 square metres, surrounded by a 12 km artificial lake.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET) started this project.
How to Reach Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue
from Vadodara : It is about 90 km away from Vadodara. You can reach there via State Highway 11 and State Highway 63.
From Mumbai : you can take NH48 and change to SH64 near Mulad. Its distance from Mumbai is about 420km.
Facts about Statue of Unity :-
- It is four times taller than Statue of Liberty.
- 182 meter is the height of statue which was specially chosen to represent the no of seats in Gujarat legislative assembly.
- Statue can stand up against the wind of up to 180 km/h. It can bear the earthquake of 6.2 Richter scale.
- Statue find a place in Time’s list 100 greatest places of world.
- Visitors can visit up to the chest of statue which is 500 ft.
- Padma Shree awardee Ram V. Sutar designed the sculptor of the statue
Recently home minister approved the CISF to take charge of the security of the statue.
About Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel:-
Sardar Vallabh bhai Patel was an Indian statesman. Popularly known as Sardar Patel and The Ironman of India,
he was the first Deputy Prime Minister and the first Home Minister of independent India.
Sardar Patel was born in 1875 in Nadiad, Gujarat. He was a barrister by profession.
In 1918 he joined Khera Satyagraha. The woman of bardoli Satyagraha in 1928 bestowed him with the title of “Sardar”. Which means a leader.
During this movement he came into light. Responsibility to unite India of more than 500 princely states was given to him.
Sardar Patel pioneered the movement and united India into one nation.
It is because of him that we can travel to all the great sites and meet the great people of all the states within India without a visa” – Narendra Damodardas Modi
Sardar Patel used Kautilya’s wisdom and Shivaji Maharaj’s bravery to achieve the great feat of uniting India after partition.
In 1931 he served as President of the Indian National Congress in its Karachi session. Which changed the nature of movement from a political struggle and added to it new socio-economic dimensions.
Political life of Sardar patel:-
Vallabhbhai Patel was one of the first Congress leaders to accept the partition of India as a solution to the rising Muslim separatist movement led by Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
He was a part of constituent assembly. Sardar Patel chaired many committees such as minorities, tribal and excluded areas, and fundamental rights.
During his early life he was not interested in politics but later on he joined .
He is remembered as the “Patron Saint of India’s Civil Servants” For the establishment of the modern all-India services system.
He was awarded with India’s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna. In 2014.
The government of India announced that his birthday, that is 31st October will be celebrated as “National Unity Day” or “Rashtriya Ekta Diwas” in India.
Few quotes by Sardar Patel:-
“Bureaucracy is steel frame in the democracy “ – Sardar Patel
“No distinctions of caste and creed should hamper us.
“All are the sons and daughters of India. We should all love our country and build our destiny on mutual love and help.
If you have any suggestion regarding our article please comment below so that we try to improve it because reader is our first priority .
Read about Ram Mandir Ayodhya