Hello everyone , Here in this article i am going to tell you how you can prevent yourself from online scam/ E-fraud.
Online scams are a very big problem in present era. There are so many ways to do frauds in so many manners. With a small piece of technology and a cruel brain, anyone can do much harm. Basically I’m going to tell some of them through this article.
Here few have few stories which i want to share with everyone which is good example of online scam/ E-fraud
A week ago, I almost get caught in a very big scam. Like any regular consumer I have ordered some clothes from an E-Commerce website, and pay the bill online. When the delivery was getting delayed, I had to call the courier facility, by which my parcel was supposed to deliver. When I called it, as usual then transferred my call to some tech-support guy of their facility.
I asked about my shipment, and that tech guy told me to pay a small amount of 2 (INR) and the reason he told me was CORONA PANDEMIC. I said okay and then he send me a link by which I have to pay the amount. Guys that was the main flavor of this story.
That link was a fake link by which any one can record your data (like- your card details). I was shocked, then I thought lets play this game. I had a card with 0 balance.
when i did all then he told me to download an application named ANYDESK, I realized that this guy is want to take control on my computer. I asked same then he hang up.
What is ANYDESK ?
ANYDESK is an application which is basically use for remote access of your device. When you install this on your device, its generate a code which you have to send to another user who simply put that code and allowed to access your system.
Here we are sharing our second story of online scam/ E-fraud
Some fraud online websites are running now a days, which are giving some bullshit assurity about jobs. There are so many phases in this to lure you about the job. Like-
- In this phase , a member of any XYZ company calls you and inform you about your selection on basis of your qualification. then they say if you are comfortable then will process your resume for telephonic round.
- In second phase you will face a telephonic interview round with HR, he will ask few basic questions.
- The HRD will tell you that stay tuned with them for an hour. The results of selected candidates will be published and selected candidates will called by representative.
- Pick pocketing- (a)- In just 10 mins After the interview phase they greets you with good news of your selection and will ask for a security money and after depositing the money you will get a call letter.
- (b)- in that call letter your designation in the company and your salary with all allowances will be mentioned, and in the last line of that call letter you will see to deposit some amount as courier charge.
(Note- according to them, security money and the courier charge will be refunded with first month’s salary)
How to prevent yourself
- In first story, I told you about e-com website. All the e-com websites declared that no extra charges will be collected by consumers. All the charges will be mentioned in your bill and if there will be any extra charges that will be visible by user in the time of purchasing.
- In my second story, I talked about the fake companies running around. You guys should know that if there will be a job in a company,
- The company policies says that the company is not allowed to ask you to deposit any kind of security amount. Rather than that, the company may be hold some part of your first salary as security deposit.
I hope this article may help you guys with all the information’s mentioned in this.
Thank you ! Click here for more